Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting Started

Ok, so here I go with this new blog. I wanted a place to keep track of what I'm eating, exercise I'm doing and what I'm thinking about.
It seems that weight has always been an issue in my life. I remember when I was about 10 going with my mom to a weight loss group. When I look back, I wasn't overweight by any means, I seemed to be pudgy one year and then grow and be thinner the next, back and forth through grade school. Then came puberty and everything seemed to change. During the summer between grade school and middle school I gained about 30 pounds and continued for the next couple of years until I had gained about 60. I then lost about 25 which I maintained through all of high school. Looking back, I looked pretty good. Then I got married, we moved away from my family, I got pregnant and before I knew it I had ballooned up. Over the years I have lost as much as 50 pounds only to gain it all back. Fortunately, (if there is any positive) when I gained it back I never gained back past my starting point. So, about a year and a half ago I decided to start exercising. Not concentrating on food, just exercise. In that time I have lost maybe 3 to 4 pounds and two sizes. I'm happy to have gotten smaller but come on, 3 or 4 pounds in a year and a half?! So, now that my husband is leaving for a year I am going to give it a better try. Now if my kids would stop sabotaging me by buying me Blizzards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment